Fluids

Fluids

Named expressions ERROR

• kouassi.kouame
      Subscriber

Hello Everyone, 

I want to use named expressions to define a BC. In my case i have to impose liquid-phase and gas-phase massflox rate at inlet. I got this error :

The expressions i try to use have the same unit as my BC. and he works when i want to compute it, i can see the value. But i can't use it as BC. 

The phase name is correct. 

Can someone help me ? 

Regards and Thanks 

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Which model are you using?

• kouassi.kouame
        Subscriber

The Eulerian model. I want to modelize gas/liquid separation and i have to impose a massflow condition with named expressions but this error appear when i want to impose the expressions. i use the 2020R2 version.

Thanks

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

There have been several changes to expressions over the last few releases, can you retry in 2022R2? Please post a screen grab of where you were trying to apply the expression, and the expression itself. 

• kouassi.kouame
      Subscriber

I can't have acces to the 2022R2 version. 

The expression depend on other expressions and report definitons, this is a screen of the expression

I want to apply it here : 

As you can see it's not red so the unit is compatible but i got error when i click apply

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

As I mentioned the extent of expression functionality has been evolving rapidly. Is the value positive or negative? What happens if you run for a couple of time steps with a fixed value, recheck the expression value and then try applying the expression? 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.