June 26, 2019 at 6:41 pmHMarie13Subscriber
I am working on a motor where I need to optimize the rotor shape. To do this I need to run several simulations and switch out several different rotor geometries. I have found an efficient way to do this in Workbench where I name the different parameters in Creo and it can be directly transferred into Workbench so that I just have to type in a new value.
In Maxwell every time I bring in a new rotor I have to reassign the material and properties and redefine the magnets to the correct coordinate system. Is there a way to use named selections of parameters in Maxwell as well so that it will automatically assign the part correctly if it is named right? If there is, how should I be importing the information because I'm currently transferring my Creo file drawing to a dxf file and importing it that way.
Please let me know if you have any advice.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- HFSS: reset marker legend dimensions.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.