January 4, 2019 at 4:37 ambalsaidiSubscriber
It is tedious to do nodes named selection manually by selecting each node then naming it. How would I create list of named selection of nodes from certain edge or face in the geometry.
In another way, I have certain edge in geometry that I can select and I would like to calculate the reaction forces for each node along that edge, how would I do that?
January 4, 2019 at 4:42 am
January 4, 2019 at 5:26 ambalsaidiSubscriber
I was thinking of creating named section for each node, then calculate reaction force for each node, then add them up to find the total reaction force.
I see from what you shared with me that I select all nodes under one named selection. Does that mean when the solver evaluate reaction forces for that one named section it does calculate it for all of these nodes together and add the up?
January 4, 2019 at 6:39 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
Yes, the reaction force is a summation based on the OUTRES command. See this section from the help.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Colors and Mesh Display