General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Named Selection

• balsaidi
      Subscriber

It is tedious to do nodes named selection manually by selecting each node then naming it. How would I create list of named selection of nodes from certain edge or face in the geometry.

In another way, I have certain edge in geometry that I can select and I would like to calculate the reaction forces for each node along that edge, how would I do that? 

Thanks,

Bashir

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Hi Bashir,

You can use selection logic and worksheet to easily capture the nodes based on a surface, edge or location. Please see these articles by one of our Channel Partner (PADT):

Article 1

Article 2

Regards,
      Sandeep

• balsaidi
      Subscriber

Hi Sandeep,

I was thinking of creating named section for each node, then calculate reaction force for each node, then add them up to find the total reaction force.

I see from what you shared with me that I select all nodes under one named selection. Does that mean when the solver evaluate reaction forces for that one named section it does calculate it for all of these nodes together and add the up?

Thanks,

Bashir

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Hi Bashir,

Yes, the reaction force is a summation based on the OUTRES command. See this section from the help.

Regards,
      Sandeep

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.