Fluids

Fluids

Named Selections, Fluent Meshing

• mengineerm
      Subscriber

Hello Everyone, 

i have a problem with transporting the named selections that i created in Design Modeler to the Solver. 

For example: I created a named selection called "Bridge" in Design Modeler which consits of 8 Faces. When i import the geometry to Fluent Meshing the named selections are transported correctly (at least it looks like that). But when i switch to the solution, the named selection gets splitted into the individual faces of which it consists. The faces then have names like this : 

1.   Bridge

2.   Bridge-087

3.   Bridge-110

4.   Bridge-154

And so on...

It´s not a big problem but its annoying and it costs time to select all the different faces individually, so does someone know what i am doing wrong, or how i can fix the Problem so that i can transport the named selections to the solver correctly ? 

Thank you very much

Regards

Moritz

• RK
      Ansys Employee

Hello Moritz, 

In Fluent Meshing, after you have updated the regions, you can create a journal file to merge such objects. In the "Update Regions" section of the workflow, right click and choose "Run Custom Journal". 

/meshing/objects/volumetric-regions merge "filename" bridge-* , NewName TypeOfBoundary y

Replace the characters appropriately. 

Right click Update Regions and select add boundary type and you can add the boundary type. 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.