August 16, 2023 at 6:16 amBill NicholsonSubscriber
Hi, I am new to Ansys and could just be making a beginner's mistake.
I imported my mesh from a .cdb file with the various elements and the boundary nodes separated into groups. These appear as Named Selections in the Model and if I click on them the relevant elements and / or nodes are highlighted. So far so good.
I am trying to apply symmetry bcs and must use Named Selections for the scoping method because I didn't use the Geometry to create the mesh. However in the Details panel the Named Selections don't appear in the pick list and there's no ability to type the name in either. I did incidentally create a Named Selection within the Mechanical module and this didn't work either.
Any suggestions gratefully received. I can't apply my bcs and hence can't run the analysis.
August 16, 2023 at 9:25 amAshish KumarForum Moderator
It looks like you have nodal named selections. Try applying nodal displacements on these named selections.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- User manual
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Defining rigid body and contact
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.