Fluids

Fluids

Natural, Forced Convection and Radiation(all at same time) in Solar Panel

• darshan31
      Subscriber

Hello, 

I am trying to simulate a solar panel.

There are three kinds of thermal models involved, conduction between layers of the panel, natural and forced convection due to surrounding air, radiation to surroundings.

I m  new to ansys. I watched many videos. But still i m in a confusion that which analysis to use... steady-state thermal or fluent?

My ultimate goal in to find out final temperature of the panel.

I have the heat flux which is entering in the solar cells.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

If you have an accurate convective heat transfer film coefficient, h, then it is simpler to use the Mechanical solver to do Steady State or Transient Thermal.

If you don't know the convective heat transfer film coefficient, then use Fluent and let the air flow convect the heat away from the surface as shown in this discussion.

• darshan31
      Subscriber

Thanks for the reply.

I dont want to use constant heat transfer co-efficient as i want to simulate the model with different module mounting structures.(I did it with steady state heat trasfer with constant HT Co-eff. It gave fair results)

Now, I am trying to simulate this in fluent. I watched many videos but still getting many errors in named selections and walls.

I will see your videos from the discussion that u shared here.

Lets see.

Thanks

• darshan31
      Subscriber

Also, how can I add radiation in this model? 

It would be good if you can share some discussions or videos.

Thanks

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

I have yet to do a radiation model myself. I expect you can find something on YouTube. Good luck!

• darshan31
      Subscriber

yep, Thanks

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.