March 14, 2022 at 9:26 amZabeeullahSubscriber
How do we calculate the natural frequency at different modes for a fixed-fixed beam with the given data.
Lenght = 2 m
Cross section = 70*30*4 mm
Moment of Inertia Ixx =420565 mm^4
Distance between neutral surface to top-most surface (y) = 35mm
Modulus of Elasticity= 210 GPa
Density= 7405 kg/m^3
Mass per meter= 5.45 kg/m
Apart from this, A point load of 1000N acts on the beam at the centre. Does this load affects the natural frequencies and the modes of the system? Do i need to consider this load while calulating the natural frequency and mode shapes of the beam?
Your help would be appreciated.
ZabeeMarch 14, 2022 at 2:19 pmChandra SekaranAnsys EmployeePlease take a look at ANSYS Innovation courses that introduce modal analysis at https://courses.ansys.com/index.php/courses/topics-in-modal-analysis-using-ansys-mechanical/ for how to run a modal analysis.
A load like you describe generally does not have significant effect on the natural frequencies/mode shapes. However lesson 2 in the above course talks about pre-stressed modal analysis where loads could make a significant impact on the natural frequencies (like a tensioned guitar string or a turbine blade rotating at high speed).
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.