November 12, 2019 at 8:43 amAutonewbieSubscriber
I have some small gaps and modeled as frictional contact with putting pinball radius to cover the gap but I still see it is near open. Does the contact still work if it is near open? I expect to model the part will move along the gap and stop by the counter part.
Is it the larger Pinball Radius I use, the longer the computational time it takes?
November 12, 2019 at 5:05 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
Since you've used the Initial Information tool. Right-click on the Contact Tool Folder and insert a Gap and Status.
If you see the contact status closed for where it is supposed to be and the gap contour reasonably covered. It is possible that you are defining contact between a small and large contact surface or the gap between them is increasing...The number you see characterizes the entire surface but contact might've already been established as needed.
November 22, 2019 at 2:57 pmyousafSubscriber
Do you know Autodyn?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.