Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Need help (Cannot compute volume regions)

• wmontoya
      Subscriber

Hey everyone! First post here

I've been trying for at least a period of two weeks to complete the meshing of my fsae mock up model but haven't had any luck. I don't know if it's a geometry issue but I cannot compute the volume region in my enclosure. 

I'm using fluent meshing

I followed a video by leap australia in youtube and after i re-import the size field, my front wing and rear wing convert into free faces. 
      Essentially I do scope sizing, re-mesh, look at the mesh, export size field, re import size field. Cannot compute volume, check for leaks and self-intersections, external baffles 11 (.. 

The image is how the front and rear wing look after importing the size field. They mesh normally beforehand but even if I try to compute the volume region without importing the size field it does not work. 

I can share the file no problem. 

I would really appreciate the help. 

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

you need to mesh wings. 

please check free faces in the surface mesh. you have free faces option at the top menu bar. 

Regards,

Keyur

If this helps, please mark this post as 'Is Solution' to help others.

Guidelines on the Student Community

How to access ANSYS help links

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

you can also check

Regards,

Keyur

• wmontoya
      Subscriber

Thank you! I've used those videos as references as well but for some reason it still doesn't work. Previously I was using a more complex geometry imported from solidworks but the model on the image above is as simple as possible made as an assembly in SpaceClaim. The wings appear to be as free faces only after I import the size field. I try to fix it with the quality and connectivity option but it does not work. 

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

for computing volumetric region, you will have to get connected surface mesh. 

if you have any free surfaces, then volumetric region will fail. please fix free faces first. 

Regards,

Keyur

• MSol
      Subscriber
      Hello Wmontoya, were you able to solve the issue of the mesh changing when improting the geometry with the size field? I am currently having the same issuen
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.