February 16, 2023 at 4:11 ammkalelSubscriber
The picture below is a metal 3d printing DED thermal-mechanical simulation I did my transient thermal part the ANSYS APDL and now I tried to link my thermal load to workbench to perform static structural but I m getting this kind of error. I have changed or tried to lower my coefficient of thermal expansion value to see if it work. but it seems like i kept getting this kind of error in the image shown below.
also when I saw my thermal result, I can cleary see the element kill and activation process very fine and the result are good. but when I run static structural, and run the animation to analyze the error. The element are not deleting . I wish i could the play the video to show what i mean. do you guyd think that could be the error. I copied my thermal time step size and paste it in static structural. can some body help me how to setup this?
I had the code in ANSYS APDL but I was trying to do this in workbench and compare the deformation results. I tried to paste the code in command but, I kept getting the error. SO i chose to do manually. The APDL static structural code is running fine but I was not getting the enough deformation so i chose to work with workbench.
February 16, 2023 at 2:56 pmSaiDAnsys Employee
- Could you describe the boundary conditions that you have used in the Static Structural analysis?
- Are you implementing element kill and activation in Static Structural analysis too? Or is this only in Transient Thermal Analysis?
- Im image 3, the second last Warning talks about an unspecified unit system and the unit system that the solver assumes. Did you check that warning and ensure that the unit system being used is indeed compatible with your problem?
February 17, 2023 at 3:32 ammkalelSubscriber
Thank you for you reply.
- Since I did my transient thermal using Mechanical APDL and Imported the transient thermal load using workbench in static structrual as one of my boundary conditions. Secondly, the base plate was clamped in the vise during the printing. So I made all four side of the base plate to the fixed support. Also the bottom surface and the top surface as a frictionless support(not sure if this is correct to assign it or not). I was more interested in lookinag at the deformation of the build material rather than deformation of the base plate. Thirdly I copied all the trasient time step and paste it in the analysis setting of static structural as shown in figure 2 above.
- I tried to implement the element birth and kill while performing static structural simulation since the element activation should be the same in thermal-structrural process. But I dont know how to implement same element activation and deactivation process with time in static structural in workbench. I copied the time history from thermal to static structural.
- I am performing the transient thermal in SI unit. I also made sure while importing to workbench to make SI unit. but whenever I import the result I get the same warning.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
- Colors and Mesh Display
- material damping and modal analysis
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.