3D Design

3D Design

Need to help with dimension and changes, since it seems I am not able to do diff. in SpaceClaim 19.2

• Georgiro1
      Subscriber

Hello, so this is the link and this link is your work, but I have a problem to create 

and here is my problem and I am describing it!

I am able to prepare it in this way, but to change the distance does not work at all!

Unfortunately, this hole is not possible to move any way at all!

• Georgiro1
      Subscriber

So the question is what to do in order to let the hole to be at 31 mm and not 27.2 mm. Thanks for you ideas, since I do not know why I cannot do it at all!

• Georgiro1
      Subscriber

And I can also say that it does not allow to associate the hole with the distance...

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Please use the Attach button to upload the .scdoc file so I can have the same file you are trying to modify.

Also, delete the other Discussion on the same topic and just use this one.

• Georgiro1
      Subscriber

So it seems to me that I do not know know, how to put the work of mazac-oleje-06-4, because here now I do not know how to give it to you. I am unfortunately crazy! So could you help me a bit to use it correctly.

Thanks

• Georgiro1
      Subscriber

It does not allow me to put here the model at all!!!

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

If you put the file inside a .zip file, that file type is allowed.

• Georgiro1
      Subscriber

OK, I will do it. Thanks

• Georgiro1
      Subscriber

Not at all, you cannot use .zip file there at all. So I need to know how to change the file type to something else and than to do it like this...

• Georgiro1
      Subscriber

So how can I give it to you? This is the question?

• Georgiro1
      Subscriber

So if I change the file type, it does not accept it at all.

• Georgiro1
      Subscriber

But I know that I have given it before, but now this is a problem, very nice...

• Georgiro1
      Subscriber

So I have put it there:

https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/need-to-help-with-dimension-and-changes-since-it-seems-i-am-not-able-to-do-diff-in-spaceclaim-19-2/

Thanks for understanding

• Georgiro1
      Subscriber

And this conversation has the file as well at: https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/need-to-help-with-dimension-and-changes-since-it-seems-i-am-not-able-to-do-diff-in-spaceclaim-19-2-1/ - the second comment Thanks

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

I did some research on how to use the Measure tool during a Move. Here is the reference I found useful.

Here is the silent movie (I don't have a microphone on this computer) of the 1 minute 10 second operation.

• Georgiro1
      Subscriber

Till now I see that I should not have any problem, but I will try it later on and will let you know.

But thanks, this is amazing...

• Georgiro1
      Subscriber

So now it works, the only huge problem is to change the system to the one I need, like you have the one at 02 min at your video. But it works, but have a different coordinate system, which is not correct at all, but do not know how to change it!

• Georgiro1
      Subscriber

So basically you change the coord system with the line between the two circles, but it does not work for me, unfortunately.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

While the Move tool is active, you first click on the Arrow icon on the left side of the Graphics window, which is the feature in the Move tool that lets you set a direction, then click on the line. That will reorient the coord system.  You can drag the Triad using its origin and drop it on the hole to move. Then you click on the Triad axis to select one axis for the move, then click on the popup measurement button, then click on the center hole to set the base point for the measurement then you can type in 31 mm.

• Georgiro1
      Subscriber

Ok, I will try to do it. Thanks a lot.

• Georgiro1
      Subscriber

So I have to say THANKS A LOT, because you made it absolutely well and it worked, amazing!!!

• Georgiro1
      Subscriber

And when you see the hole any of them has higer chamfer, so how can I change it simply as you helped me. Thanks

And have a look at this picture, you can see that the hole in the centre has 0.25 instead of 0.15 mm. But how can I change it. Thanks a lot.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

To change the size of an existing chamfer, first zoom in close so you can clearly see the chamfer face, click on the Pull tool, then click on the chamfer face and drag. A popup will let you type in a number.

• Georgiro1
      Subscriber

Well done, but I have realized that the inner diameter is not 6 mm, but 6.1 mm, so I would need to change it and of course I do not know how to do it and the outer is 6.23 mm and needs to be 6.15 mm, so how to do it. I hope I do not disturb you a lot, but this would help me a lot. Thanks 

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

To change the size of an existing hole, click on the Pull tool, then click on the hole face and drag. A popup will let you type in a number.

• Georgiro1
      Subscriber

I did it at the end as I need to do it and it was exatly as you are saying and it is fine. Thanks

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Great, you are gaining some SpaceClaim skills.  Please mark one of my posts as Is Solution and open a new discussion when you have a new question.

• Georgiro1
      Subscriber

Now, I should change the position of the second hole, but I am not for certain reason do it. And I am trying it, but I am not able to change the axis of the hole to different axis system! It is not possible to change it, but in general, I am able to move the hole without tany problem. So do you have any idea what kind of problem it can be? Thanks

• Georgiro1
      Subscriber

And also I have to say that Object are not possible to move and I want to move the coordinate system, but is does not want to!

• Georgiro1
      Subscriber

Yes, this is just the same problem issue, just need to ask about the about issue, basically to move the sedond hole...Thanks

• Georgiro1
      Subscriber

The point is that I am not able to change the coordinate system and do not know why...

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

I'm not sure I understand what you want to do.  You say you can move the hole, but you are not able to change the axis of the hole to a different axis system.

The hole has a centerline axis. Is that the axis you mean?  That axis moves with the hole when the hole moves.  What is the different axis system?

Do you mean when the Move tool is active, and there is a Triad.  The triad origin can be moved by picking on its origin. 

Please explain it with a video or some images that have been labeled for the things you are talking about.

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.