Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Need to use more than 4 cores for HFSS simulation

Tagged: 

• chris2pher
      Subscriber

Hello.

As the subjects indicates, I am trying to use more than 4 cores for Ansys HFSS simulations.

Below are screenshots indicating (or not indicating) my licensing information. I am using license associated with the situation associated with the University of Virginia.

• ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      The server information should be in C:\Program Files\ANSYSEM\Shared Files\Licensing\ansyslmd.ininWhat are you seeing for errors when you try to run HFSS with more than 4 cores, please share screenshots? Does it run if you only select to use 4 cores?.Thank youn
    • chris2pher
      Subscriber
      n [error] Failover feature 'ANSYS HPC' specified in license preferences is not available. Request name anshpc does not exist in the licensing pool. No such feature exists. Feature: anshpc License path: 1055@LM4.LICENSE.VIRGINIA.EDU;1055@LM5.LICENSE.VIRGINIA.EDU;1055@LM6.LICENSE.VIRGINIA.EDU; FlexNet Licensing error:-5,147 (9:45:47 AM Oct 12, 2020)nn
    • chris2pher
      Subscriber
      thanks for prompt response n
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      Please modify your HPC and Analysis Options -> Options tab as shown here. Modify the Design Type as needed.nnnn
    • chris2pher
      Subscriber
      You've opened up a whole new world for me. /respectSeems to be working, thanks!n
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.