December 20, 2019 at 4:16 pmkavindupasanSubscriber
For the 2D Vertical Axis Wind Turbine simulation, above figure shows the mesh corresponding to the time-step just before the simulation stopped due to error "Negative cell volume detected". The inner domain set as a 'Rigid Body' whereas the outer domain set as 'Deforming'. The inner domain and the 03 blades are free to rotate with its single-axis rotation DOF defined by 6-DOF feature in Fluent. As the turbine rotates due to torque induced by the wind flow, the outer domain is getting deformed and result in an abnormal mesh. Then, the cells begins skew and collapse as it doesn't remesh and finally the "Negative Volume Cells Detected" error occurred. I've tried configuring Remeshing Properties but failed. Please someone help to solve this issue. Thank you.
December 20, 2019 at 4:47 pmRobAnsys Employee
Does the mesh actually need to change? Ie can you use a sliding zone?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.