July 15, 2018 at 6:25 pmRohitporuriSubscriber
I have created a straight valve engine design. And while performing the cold flow simulation, getting the error of "negative cell volume detected - dynamic mesh error" at time step 8. Could you suggest any solution? I tried enhancing the mesh quality in ICEM, by making it finer and other, but no use. Please help me with this problem?
July 16, 2018 at 4:00 pmRobAnsys Employee
I can't help with specifics as it's beyond what I can answer as ANSYS staff on an open forum. However, it's very likely that you've moved some geometry too far in that time step and it's turned the cell inside out. Also check the set up for topology changes or significant changes in shape.
I'll also move to the Fluids section as it's more likely to get an answer.
July 21, 2018 at 8:59 pmRohitporuriSubscriber
i removed the topology condition, and manually setup the dynamic meshing.
but now i am getting the error, "floating point exception", divergence problem.
what to do right now?
July 21, 2018 at 9:01 pmRohitporuriSubscriber
i tried this with different mesh qualities, but the same result
please help me
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.