September 25, 2018 at 8:29 pmjjaafar68Subscriber
I'm using Ansys Apdl v16 to model simple concrete beam under static load by using Solid65 element.
after plot load-displacement curve , the curve stopped at the maximum load, unlike experimental there are no negative slope in the curve.
my question is,
is there any way to plot full load-displacement curve with the negative slope ? like the graph.
September 25, 2018 at 8:47 pmmekafimeSubscriber
I usually change the sign in excel
September 25, 2018 at 10:41 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
Hi, Isn't that post-buckling behavior?
Did your model run to completion? I suspect it hasn't?
Buckling is a numerical stability and your tangent stiffness matrix is going to zero.
You can overcome buckling by adding some stabilization energy to your model.
September 26, 2018 at 12:01 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
What was the load in your model: a force or a displacement? A force load cannot solve past the maximum force, that is why it is required to have a displacement load on your structure and extract the reaction force. A displacement load can track a reaction force reaching a maximum and then plot the negative slope.
September 7, 2020 at 9:42 amOguzhanASubscriberBut if we have to apply environmental pressure (like external pressure) to a cylinder, we can't add displacement there, right?n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.