October 18, 2022 at 9:57 amdrwilkes7Subscriber
Has anybody encountered the warning message below when conducting a damped modal analysis in ANSYS 2021 R2?
The model consists of a rectangular plate suspended by body-ground longitudinal springs attached at the corners. The springs include longitudinal damping and the plate material also has material dependent-damping (damping ratio). Removing the longitudinal damping from the springs appears to alleviate the issue, while the material damping doesn't seem to change the result.
October 19, 2022 at 2:28 pmChandra SekaranAnsys Employee
please repost the warning message
October 19, 2022 at 3:49 pmdrwilkes7Subscriber
Thank you very much Chandra Sekaran for replying. The warning message is below:
Of course, changing the Frequency Display from 'Program Controlled' to 'All' will stop the actual warning message. My real interest is in what might cause non-conjugate pairs of complex frequencies to be calculated by the Full Damped Solver.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- The topic ‘Negative Modal Frequencies’ is closed to new replies.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Licensing – Request name does not exist in the licensing pool
- 2022 R1 Ansys Mechanical APDL: QXcbConnection: Failed to initialize XRandr
- error “ansyslmd: Cannot connect to license server system. (-15,10032)
- The analysis systems in Workbench are missing
- Student license renewal
- Mechanical APDL Launcher Options
- how to open files created from newer version by using the older version of ansys
- Problems using 2022/R2
- Ansys Helic Tools Installation Issue: Missing Helic_PDK directory
- Results Probe in ANSYS Workbench
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.