TAGGED: 3DFDTD, FDTD-geometry, Lumerical-FDTD
April 21, 2023 at 7:15 amChristian Erick SutantoSubscriber
I am currently simulating the effects of SPP on Molybdenum based nanopyramids from 200 nm to 1000 nm. Question is, when I am inserting the data for the material of the Molybdenum, It appears to have a warning that states: "warning: at least one value of the real part of the refractive index in the sample data is negative. negative values have been switched to be positive. material data with negative refractive index is not supported by sample data materials.". Do I need to use another type of material or should I let it be? Or is there an alternative way to solve this? Any help is much appreciated, thank you in advance!
April 21, 2023 at 7:07 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
Unfortunately, you cannot directly assign index to be negative. Since negative refractive material is dispersive, you should use dispersive material model, and usually you need both permittivity and permeability negative simutaneously. Please refer to magnetic-electric model
and this example:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.