Electronics

Electronics

NFC Antenna simulation and actual measurement does not match well. Anybody can help?

• mriheen
      Subscriber

Hi,

I am simulating a NFC antenna (planar coil inductor) on a polyimide substrate in HFSS and comparing the input impedance/smith chart of the simulation with the fabricated sample. I checked the inductor value at 13.6 MHz which is a good match between the physical sample and simulation. However, for the physical sample smith chart measurement, I am getting open point at 45 MHz frequency whereas in the simulation it is 66.3 MHz. I have attached the picture of both simulation and actual measurement. I want to match my simulation with the physical measurement.

In the simulation what might cause this difference in open point frequency shift, anybody can suggest?

Real Measurement:

• Praneeth
      Ansys Employee

I have gone through your post. I have some suggestions.
      Are the substrate properties are same for both simulation and fabricated sample? (since the frequency range is in MHz)
      Are you providing enough open space in the simulation?
      Have you defined any near field region or not?
      All the very best.
    • mriheen
      Subscriber
      Substrate properties are same.
      I have provided a radiation box of 8m in each side considering NFC operating frequency 13.6 MHz.
      No. Should I define near field region?

• Praneeth
      Ansys Employee

Kindly recheck your model one more time to see if the setup is done as required or not.
      As Ansys employees, we cannot access your simulation model because of certain limitations.
      You can raise a service request to help us serve you better.
      All the very best.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.