General Mechanical

General Mechanical

No convergence of the calculations

• SimJac
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am doing the Cornell University hands-on course, and since the beginning (even with very simple thermal problem) I have no solution, my computer is blocked at "mathermatical solution generation" at 10% but I have a quite powerful computer, so at the end I finish by interrupting the solution (after at least 20min)... I have uninstalled the previous version of ANSYS (2019 R3) and I have installed the 2020 R1 and it is the same problem - I have also tried with the mechanical problem with the crank but remaining the same problem - and exactly at the same progress of the bar - I really do not understand where it can come from... can I help me, I have paid to have a certificate with this online course I would like to follow it and I am completely blocked !

My computer characteristics: Intel Core i5-6300HQ CPU - 2.30GHz / RAM: 8GB / Exploitation system: 64 Bits

Overview of the project

Overview of the scheme

Status of the progression bar

Status of the project

• SimJac
      Subscriber

I have shut down the application here under the error message

Ansys.Core.Commands.ApplicationBusyException:

Server stack trace:
         à Ans.Simulation.RemoteLib.SimulationHelper.CallSimulationWB2APIMethod(SimulationWB2APICallback callback)
         à System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)
         à System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
         à System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
         à System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
         à Ans.Simulation.RemoteItf.ISimulationHelper.ThrowBusyExceptionIfMechanicalEditorBusy()
         à Ansys.Addins.Infrastructure.Remoting.RemotingApiHelper.FatalApiMethodInvalidOperationException(String message, RemotingApiMethod callback)
      --- Ansys.Core.Commands.ApplicationBusyException:  Mechanical est occupé dans  une autre opération
         à Ansys.Addins.Infrastructure.Remoting.RemotingApiHelper.ThrowApplicationBusyException(String message, String currentMethod, Exception innerException)
         à Ansys.Addins.Infrastructure.Remoting.RemotingApiHelper.FatalApiMethodInvalidOperationException(String message, RemotingApiMethod callback)
         à Ansys.Simulation.Core.Addin.ThrowBusyExceptionIfAnyMechanicalEditorBusy(IProtectedContext context)
         à Ansys.Simulation.Core.Commands.AboutToEventHandler.AboutToExit.HandleEvent(Object sender, FrameworkEventArgs e)
         à Ansys.Addins.Infrastructure.Events.UIEvents.FireEvent(EventHandler`1 eventToFire, IEvent eventInfo)
         à Ansys.UI.UIEventManager.HandleEventFiring(List`1 observers, IEvent eventInfo)
      --- Ansys.Core.Events.EventPublishFailedException:  Mechanical est occupé dans  une autre opération
      Event:
         à Ansys.UI.UIEventManager.HandleEventFiring(List`1 observers, IEvent eventInfo)
         à Ansys.UI.UIEventManager.PublishAndWait(IEvent eventInformation)
         à Ansys.UI.UIManager.Quit()

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.