November 29, 2019 at 12:54 pmsyammaricherlaSubscriber
I am doing a non-linear analysis in ANSYS 19.2 and the model is loaded in two load steps.
The first load step is bolt pre-tension load step and auto time stepping programm controlled is selected.
The second load step consisits of 15kn force and a time stepping of 50,50,100 was given.
For the fisrt step under force convergence section even if the purple line is under the blue line sub step is not convergence.
Why is it so?
November 29, 2019 at 1:48 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
There are other convergence criteria than force, such as displacement, which you can plot if you choose the pull down.
November 29, 2019 at 2:52 pmsyammaricherlaSubscriber
Hello Mr. Peteroznewman,
Thanks for your help.
I plotted discplacement convergence criteria and found that the step was not converged, where as the force was converged.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.