Fluids

Fluids

No domains have been defined

• jmperido1
      Subscriber

I've been trying to simulate a time-dependent airflow in a 2d geometry but upon opening CFX. No geometry is imported and a message "No domain have been defined". Can you help solve this problem? thanks

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Cfx does only allow for pseudo 2d cases: one cell thickness in the depth.
    • jmperido1
      Subscriber

Thanks

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Welcome

• Feraz
      Subscriber
      Hello,nnI take this messages as base, because I have the same problem. But I have a 3D mesh. In fact, the mesh is the one in the Workshop 1-Mixing Tee (ANSYS CFX Getting Started).nI thought it could be because the versions (I'm using 2019r3 and the model is made in 2019r2), but I have the same problem if I import the step and I mesh the geometry in 2019r3.nnDo you have an idea about which could be the problem?.Thank you very much in advance,nFernandonnn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Have a look at the cell quality. In your case I think the mesh is struggling to fill the tet region, and may be corrupted/inside out. n
    • Feraz
      Subscriber
      Hello Rob,nnThank you for the answer. I have changed the mesh and it seems not to be the problem. The mesh input in the tutorial, not the shown in the image, does not also work.nAfter a little research I have found the problem is the file is in a long path (long string, I mean). Workbench and the mesh worked fine with it, but not CFX. I didn't know that.nFor information, the project (*.wbpj) was in a 120 characters long path:n C:\0_FAZ\ANSYS\CFX_GS_2019R2_EN_Student\Student\M01 - Overview of CFD Process\CFX_GetStart1_19.0_WS01_Inputs_Mixing_TeennI have saved the project in the following folder, and it works properly:n C:\0_FAZ\ANSYS_work\WS01_Inputs_Mixing_TeennRegards!nFernandon
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Glad to hear it's working. As a comment, avoid spaces in folder structures too, they're mostly OK now but some functions may struggle with them. n
    • Feraz
      Subscriber
      Thanks!n
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.