Electronics

Electronics

Topics relate to HFSS, Maxwell, SIwave, Icepak, Electronics Enterprise and more

no multi-frequencies broadband options

• tomas.monopoli
      Subscriber

Hello all, 

I am running an analysis of a 3D setup with multiple incident wave sources.

Does anyone know why I don't have the multi-frequencies and broadband options in the analysis setup?

I have an HFSS terminal driven design.  

Here is my desktop configuration:

If, for example, I add a lumped port, I am again allowed to use multi-frequiences in the setup.

I don't understand why this option is disabled if I just have incident wave sources. 

Thank you!

Tomas

• Faezeh Ladani
      Ansys Employee

Hi Tomas,

Thise option is not available when you use Plane wave incidence excitation. 

Note that when using Plane wave incidence, there are no S parameters involved and the convergence criteia is based on energy. Also, we cannot use interpolation sweep, but only disceret sweep. If you have a structure which has several resonances, I suggest you create several setup accordingly (for each resonance) and only have a narrow band sweep around the resonance for each setup where you really care about fields. Note that if you save fields for a lot of frequency points in the whole domain, it will slow down the simulations and possibly take a lot of disk space. (depending on your design of course.)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.