December 20, 2019 at 6:32 pmatulsingh92Subscriber
After computing the volume region of a geometry, when I do want to scope the boundary layer at the walls, I cannot find the smooth transition option (v19R2) (this is in the outline view of the model tree).
Why the absence of this feature here?
I ask this becuase I have found that my boundary layers works for smooth transition of the "workflow" model tree, but not in any other 3 offset types. And I want to manually build a TUI script for the meshing which would be similar as that obtained via workflow. But it seems the two are different. Is that correct?
December 23, 2019 at 10:12 amRobAnsys Employee
Yes and no. The Workflow uses scripts to simplify the meshing process. If you're using the TUI you're using the full Fluent Meshing functionality: all commands are available but you'll need to find them.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.