Fluids

Fluids

No symmetrical velocity profile at the outlet

Tagged: 

• nuramuaz1
      Subscriber
      What could be possible reasons for having a sharp progressing profile at the inlet side but non smooth profile at the outlet side? The profile is for turbulent case pls. n
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      This all depends how your flow is developing. Mostly it depends on how your geometry changing from inlet to outlet. Also it depends on the models you are using. Some models need particular mesh to be created. So you may also need to check your mesh. Check mesh quality as well. nPlease search this forum and you will find a lot of information. nRegards,nKeyurnHow to access Ansys Online Help DocumentnHow to show full resolution imagenGuidelines on the Student CommunitynHow to use Google to search within Ansys Student Communityn
    • nuramuaz1
      Subscriber
      Thanks Mr Keyur for your quick and valuable response.nMy mesh has a good quality with skewness of 0.12 and orthogonal quality of 0.89. I'm using a wavy channel with k-e model. the cfd post of local htc shows a fully developed profile. nThank once moren
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Some pictures would help. n
    • nuramuaz1
      Subscriber
      Hi Rob.nI attached the cfd post of my velocity profile for your noting. Thanks for your helpnnn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Odd, what is the mesh resolution like? Faceting in profiles can be a result of the mesh. Remember, y+ helps find the near wall cell height, you also need to resolve the rest of the boundary layer and core flow. n
    • nuramuaz1
      Subscriber
      Hi Rob. nThanks for the comment. My mesh is around a million elements with y+ of 1. the max skewness and ortho quality are 0.36 and 0.89 respectively. The mesh is hex dominant. nRegardsn
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      Are you using hex dominant method in meshing?nPlease use tet + inflation and check. n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      To clarify, hex dominant method gives an awful mesh, having mostly hex cells is good! The cell quality looks OK, but (big but) you also need to look at the bulk resolution and growth rate. n
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.