Fluids

Fluids

Node connection information

• shaheen wahab
      Subscriber

Hello, 

I wanted to know if there is any way to get the information on nodes. I know that I can extract the location of the nodes, but I need to have the information on nodes connection. I read in the manual that the mesh contains the connectivity information. But how can I have it? (in .csv form maybe?)

I have attached an image for your reference.

I would be really grateful if anyone could help me in this regard.

Thank you 

With regards

Shaheen 

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Hi, 

I think there may be some scheme command for this ( I am not sure). 

Can you please explain, why do you want it?

Regards,

Keyur

• shaheen wahab
      Subscriber

Dear Keyur,

I wanted to know if there is any way to know the connection of the nodes (e.g. For Element 1, it is linked by nodes 3,4,5 say. Element 2 is linked by nodes 4,6,7 say, then I know that these 2 elements could be near each other as "4" is common to both of the elements). So I wanted to have that information. Apparently, I found that one can write the connection of the nodes with the help of a UDF.

Thank you 

With regards

Shaheen 

• shaheen wahab
      Subscriber

Hi,

Okay, I found out that there is no direct approach to get the node connectivity information. You have to write it down with the help of a UDF. 

P.S. Please correct me if I am wrong, or anyone knows a way. That would be much better

Thank you 

With regards

Shaheen 

• DavCarnero
      Subscriber

Hi, 

Do you think maybe possibly sharing the UDF, I´m facing the same problem right now and honestly, I don´t have much experience in UDF. 

Thank you 

David

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.