Fluids

Fluids

Noise in impingement system

Subscriber

Hello everyone

I am trying to find out how noisy my impingement system will be using the Acoustic function in ANSYS FLUENT. I used LES model with the fictional timestep to run the simulation as suggested in this tutorial. I was able to get the required results but now I need to model the system with sound insulation to the walls. How I can do that in ANSYS FLUENT?

Any answer will be appreciated

• Kalyan Goparaju
      Ansys Employee

Hello, 

There is no direct way of doing this in Fluent. The workaround however is by changing the wall to a velocity inlet with 0 m/s velocity and by turning on the impedence boundary condition and providing the appopriate inputs. Please refer to the link below for more details on the impedence BC

https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v222/en/flu_ug/flu_ug_bcs_sec_nrbc.html?q=impedence

Thanks, 

Kalyan

Subscriber

Thanks Kaylan.

I will look into the solution you suggested.

Meanwhile, I have an additionalquestion. The first simulation I carried out included on the air part with walls BC kept as default. I received a SPL of around 140 dB. I carried a second simulation but imcluded the solid walls of my system. THe SPL dropped to 150 dB. Are these results accurate? Can ANSYS analyze sound reduction through solid walls?

Thanks 

Hadi

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.