October 3, 2023 at 8:54 amAndrew CarlinSubscriber
Is it possible with the chopped fibre composite RVE in material designer to change the fibre cross-section? e.g. to say have e-glass fibres that are triangular, or lobular .etc?
I appreciate you could do this with a basic user defined RVE with a single fibre (or a small amount), but trying to generate and RVE with many randomly oriented, short fibres, would be difficult.
Any help or guidence is much appreciated,
October 6, 2023 at 2:10 pmAshish KhemkaForum Moderator
Please see if the following link is of help to you: Changing RVEs size in Material Designer (ansys.com)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Floating point exception
- How to indetify baffles in Fluent meshing
- How to delete elements on Ansys Workbench
- Meshing cylindrical bodies with holes
- Quality failure limits are exceeded on some solid bodies… in ansys meshing
- Problems in the meshing of my geometry
- Ansys Mechanical – Python Scripting – Access and input parameter
- Fluent Meshing Batch Mode – Problems workflow commands
- Local mesh refinement with targeted edge lengths at specified areas
- Mesh Element Quality Display Style Not Showing
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.