Preprocessing

Preprocessing

non conformal mesh in fluent

• johan_betancour
      Subscriber
      it's posible to get a non conformal mesh in fluent's fault tolerant meshing workflow?nI think it's not posible to do it using the watertight workflow. Could I export the mesh performed in the watertight workflow? then I could place two meshes together and create an interface?nthanks for your help.n
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      In general following you can always do. nCreate one mesh and save it say a.msh. nCreate second mesh and save it say b.msh. nOpen FluentnRead a.msh. nAppend b.msh. Now you have both meshes in Fluent. Now you can define interfaces here. nRegards,nKeyurnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning ForumnHow to access ANSYS help linksnn
    • johan_betancour
      Subscriber
      Thanks for your advice, is just that I can't find the way to export the generated mesh; as you can see, that option is unabled.nBest regardsn
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      Use File --> Write. n
    • johan_betancour
      Subscriber
      I really apreciate your help, this are the options in the Use File --> Write menu, I don't see an option to export or save the mesh it self.nn
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      Looks like you are using through WB. nFile - Export should give you access to write msh and cas files. Please use latest version 2020R2. nAlternatively, please use standalone Fluent Meshing. Please do not use through WB. Go to Start Menu and open Fluent in meshing mode. Then generate mesh and write .msh or .cas files.nPlease see help manual for more details about these commands. nnRegards,nKeyurnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning ForumnHow to access ANSYS help linksnn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      You may need to save the project before the write function will work. But as Keyur suggests, avoid using WB with Fluent Meshing: the new workflow is SpaceClaim to Fluent Meshing then Fluent, with no need for Workbench. n
    • johan_betancour
      Subscriber
      Thanks for your help, when I use standalone Fluent Meshing I can write the .msh file, but been there, and using the watertight workflow, the import cad task doesn't work, even while I'm trying to import a .scdoc cad file.nThanks for your advicen
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      You will need to use cad configuration manager. Go to start and run cad configuration manager as administrator. Then configure it for SpaceClaim. nPlease check help manual for cad configuration manager. nRegards,nKeyurnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning ForumnHow to access ANSYS help linksnn
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.