General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Non-deformable beam

• ciema
      Subscriber

hello,

I need some help with setting analysis conditions in ansys workbench. I'd like to make analysis on beam, according to the attached drawing.

I need information what is the best way in ANSYS Wb to make this kind of supports (I choosed Remote Displacement and blocked all translations and rotations) and how to make beam, marked as AB  nondeformable (another three beams are deformable)I created my four beams in SpaceClaim (Split Body) and set ShareTopology as "Merge", but then I had problem with Contacts when i assigned Stifness Behaviour as Rigid. Could you explain me what will be the best solutions for both problems?

• jj77
      Subscriber

You can use a 184 type of Element for rigid beam. See how this is done within workbench below. It only takes nodal loads. If distributed loads then use normal beam with a higher e Modulus say 10 or 10000 times higher. Do a study to see that the stresses on the other beams are not influenced by doubling your e Modulus. Say to go from 10000 to 20000 times higher does not change results.

• ciema
      Subscriber

Thank You very much, can You say something about supports? How to imitate this kind of support in ANSYS Workbench?

• jj77
      Subscriber
      Just use fixed support
    • ciema
      Subscriber

Thank you jj77. I created lines from points, added cross sections and applied supports in points (fixed supports, according to drawing -> applied in points, because I used beam elements) and it does not work. "There is at least 1 small equation solver pivot term (e.g., at the UY degree of freedom of node 34).  Please check for an insufficiently constrained model".

ANSYS can't find solution, I suppose i have to find a diffrent way. I will appreciate any suggestions.

• ciema
      Subscriber

I created three connections as bonded and receive this results:

I hope when horizontal beam will be set as non-deformable, according to the material on YouTube, other beams will be deformed also.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.