March 13, 2021 at 8:42 pmces182129Subscriber
I am testing a new material composite beam under flexural 2 point loading. i am doing finite element non linear analysis. The non linearity considered are material non linearity and geometric non linearity. My solutions are getting converged. I am getting good stress strain curves in output. S/S curves clearly showing yield and post yield reduce in slope. However the output load displacement curves are not showing any signs of yield, no reduction of stiffness post yield. the L/d curves are showing up same stiffness throughout the load history.
Please guide so that i can get accuracy in L/d curves. Your help is very much needed at this point of time as I have urgency in my project submission..
Thanks in advance
VaishaliMarch 15, 2021 at 8:33 pmJohn DoyleAnsys EmployeeFrom which layer are you extracting the stress-vs-strain data? How significant is that layer to the overall stiffness of the composite? Could it be that the layer(s) that are carrying the primary load are still linear elastic? nViewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.