Fluids

Fluids

Non-premixed combustion, how to introduce 3rd fluid?

• dragi
      Subscriber

Hi,

i would like to simulate H2 oxidation with pure O2 (fuel + oxidizer).

Furthermore would like to cool-down product (steam) by injecting water into the combustion chamber (3rd fluid).

How to do this ?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Are you adding water droplets or steam to the mixture? n
    • dragi
      Subscriber
      Hi RobnWater droplets (atomizing water) 180?C at 220 bar. n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      That will use the DPM model as an injection. Water droplets will evaporate to water-vapour. Assuming water vapour is in the species mixture I think you just need an injection, and then read the DPM part of the User's Guide to get evaporating droplets. n
    • dragi
      Subscriber
      It worksnThank You!nn
    • dragi
      Subscriber
      HI Rob, nas previously reported, dpm injection work, the product (h2o steam from h2-fuel and o2-oxidizer educts) is cooled down by injected water droplets. nBut, I have another issue, the water droplets doesn't evaporate into water-vapour, somehow droplets dissociate in reactor therefore, after h2o injection a lot of free h2.nThe idea behind this cfd is to oxidize h2 exactly stochiometric to get h2o hot steam which will be cooled with saturated steam (liquid water-stem 220bar 180°C) down to required temperature, in this case around 530°C at 40 bar.nnI guess, the solver set-up is not correct? nHoppe you can help. nThanksnn
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.