May 19, 2022 at 4:21 amcelinelim96Subscriber
I have been trying to write a heat flux UDF around a cylindrical tube to be applied as a boundary condition in Fluent, and I have been running into some issues regarding defining the "circumferential" direction of the cylinder tube for it to properly represent the heat flux around the tube.
The heat flux I have obtained is through the SolTrace software for concentrating solar collectors. SolTrace outputs a plot for the non-uniform heat flux distribution along the circumference (x-axis) with respect to heat flux (y-axis) of a cylindrical receiver tube. My plan was to write a UDF code that plots a polynomial function of the non-uniform heat flux with respect to circumference of the cylindrical receiver tube, however, i've been running into a lot of errors as I am not sure how Fluent defines a circumference in this case. Is it by angle? Is it by Arc Length? It seems like my error occurred due to not having a good understanding on how Fluent measures/defines circumferential geometries for writing UDF.
If anyone has any experience defining a heat flux UDF profile with respect to a circumferential tube, I would appreciate it if you have any insights on how I should write my UDF code to properly represent the non-uniform heat flux distribution around the tube in Fluent. Of if anyone can help with clarifying how Fluent measures/defines circumferential geometries for writing UDF that will be very helpful too!
CelineMay 19, 2022 at 3:34 pmRobForum ModeratorYou might want to look at profiles in Fluent - you'll need to check the format but will need x, y & z position and flux. All SI units.
May 19, 2022 at 7:26 pmDrAmineAnsys Employee.
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.