General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Nonlinear Adaptive region

• Lovisa Svanborg
      Subscriber

Hi!

I have a problem with the mesh and need to make a better much. The material is hyperelastic. I have tried nonlinear adaptive region. But I don't think it works with contact tool with pressure penetration. Is that right? Can I make the nonlinear adaptive region work with pressure penetration?

Regards Lovisa

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Hi Lovisa,

I have done a lot of hyperelastic contact problems and had success achieving convergence by making a better quality mesh.

Each time I tried to use nonlinear adaptive region, I was not successful, but I have only tried a few times. I recommend you slice up the geometry to improve the mesh rather than rely on the nonlinear adaptive region.

I will take a look if you can share the geometry. Create a Workbench Archive .wbpz file and put it in a file sharing site such as Google Drive, OneDrive or Jumpshare. Copy the link to the file and paste it into your reply along with the version of Ansys you are using.

Regards, Peter

• Manish Dubey
      Ansys Employee

Hi Lovisa, 

The contact tool conflicts with Nonlinear Adaptive Region. In order to use the contact tool in post processing to see the results you may use the body scoping from the geometry selection. 

Regards,

Manish

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.