General Mechanical

General Mechanical

NONLINEAR ANALYSIS

• IqbalHaikal
      Subscriber

Hi, I am new to this Ansys software.. My project needs to get a nonlinear graph for static structural analysis... Can I know what I need to do in order to get a nonlinear graph? This is my model

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      nPlease define the quantities you want to plot on the graph. What is on the X axis, what is on the Y axisn
    • IqbalHaikal
      Subscriber
      on the y axis is for the load (N) and on the x-axis is for deformation (mm)n
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      nI assume you want to put the force vertically downward on the top crown of the the profile.nI assume you will set the bottom edge of the assembly fixed.nThe mesh is too coarse. You must have at least two elements across the web of the rail profile. Four elements would be even better.nYou will find that the nonlinear graph will be a practically straight line. The only unknown is the slope.nTo have this be nonlinear, under Analysis Settings, change Large Deflection to On.nChange the Auto Time Stepping to On.nSet the Initial, Minimum and Maximum Substeps to 10.nInsert a Deformation Result request on the top edge.nInsert a Probe, Reaction Force on the Fixed Support.nThese two results will let you plot force on the y axis and deformation on the x axis.nn
    • IqbalHaikal
      Subscriber
      Can I know how to make four elements for the meshing?
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      nClick on Mesh, in the Details window is a row called Element Size. The box next to it shows Default. Type a number over the word Default. This number should be 1/4 of the width of the web in the unit system of the model when you type the value.n
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.