TAGGED: nonlinear-buckling, stabilization
June 11, 2022 at 5:56 pmjorismenSubscriberI´m running a cylinder subject load axial to produce a nonlinear buckling. I`m using Ansys worbenck y solid element for the structure buy I have problems of converges. I know that the nonlinear stabilization help up to max load in the curve Load vs displacement. Also know that The arc length method is used to negative slope en the in the curve Load vs displacement. Can I use this two method ? Por example I want to apply nonlinear stabilization up to max load and then continue with the arc length method.
June 11, 2022 at 7:58 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriberSince you have an axial load, if you use a displacement input instead of a force input, the need for stabilization will be greatly reduced. Insert a Probe to request the Reaction Force for the Displacement BC to plot the load curve vs displacement. If you need stabilization, it is likely to only be needed after the maximum force has been reached.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
- Colors and Mesh Display
- material damping and modal analysis
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.