April 6, 2022 at 6:49 pmleuenbergerSubscriber
April 7, 2022 at 4:02 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeA1: unfortunately, all current nonlinear material models are for refractive index or permittivity. I would suggest you to file a feature request: Vote new features, and file your feature request
- Question: I would like to add the nonlinear optical conductivity to the material graphene. Is this possible to define the nonlinear coefficients of the optical conductivity in Lumerical FDTD?
- Question: In your example fourwave.lsf, how is it possible to calculate the conversion efficiency in terms of input and output powers between an input field and an output field at two different frequencies?
A2: it does not normalize the power with the input source. Details can be found in the description of the example.
April 9, 2022 at 1:08 amGuanhui WangAnsys EmployeeHi gsun
In represent of the customer, here is his further comments:
Is there a way to manually add the nonlinear optical conductivity to the material graphene? Or is it possible to define a new 2D material with nonlinear optical coefficients?
Is there a way to calculate the conversion efficiency in terms of the input and output powers at two different frequencies? Is there a script for that?
April 11, 2022 at 4:48 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeA1: currently both of the methods do not work. Please file a feature request. Vote new features, and file your feature request
A2: if you mean the conversion efficiency is power(f2)/power(f1) where f1 is the fundamental frequency and f2 is the nonlinear frequency, yes you can, with "no norm". You may also use "Transmission" (with normalization on) for an estimation since the sourcepower(f2) might not be accurate from the source spectrum, as it is extremely small compared to sourcepower(f1).
Viewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Lumerical support has moved to the Ansys Learning Forum (ALF)
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- focusing efficiency
Top Rated Tags