September 6, 2023 at 7:20 pmWing KoSubscriber
I was wondering if there is more information about simulating nonlinear effects in FDTD/varFDTD. I checked that there are different material models I can use but is there a guide on which models are best suited for what applications? Also, I do not see the material models do not account for two photon absorption or the free carrier effects, so is there a model that can do that as well?
September 6, 2023 at 7:51 pmDevika Padmakumar NairAnsys Employee
These are the examples available in nonlinear optical: Nonlinear optics - list of examples – Ansys Optics
You can try Chi3 Ramman model and further information available here: https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034394734
Also, you can vote new features, and file your feature request here:
Hope these helps.
Thanks and regards
September 6, 2023 at 9:43 pmWing KoSubscriber
I did look over those examples but I was wondering if there is better documentation on how Lumerical implements nonlinear effects.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.