Fluids

Fluids

Nonsense Local Nusselt İncrease

• alpyldz
      Subscriber

Hello dear friends,

I am working on a natural convection in dome shaped you can see my mesh in the picture. My boundary conditions are simple left wall hot, right wall cold , top and bottom walls adiabatic. My problem is Local Nusselt number results. When I look at the Local Nu graph in the Fluent for hot wall there is nonsense increasing at the end of hot wall (approximately position for 0.95-1 m). Why there is an increase like that I don't know. If there is anyone to share their comment I really appreciate that.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Disable Node Values in the XY Plot and check again. Do noot forget that you have a sort of discontinuity at the top where the adiabatic wall touches the non adiabatic wall.n
    • alpyldz
      Subscriber
      Thank you for the answer first of all. I disabled node values and you can see the new plot first and last local number got better but my problem was the yellow rectangular marked local Nu in the picture. You think this is like that because of left wall is hot wall and when heat transfer started touches adiabatic (top wall) and it causes discontinuity right ? Is there anything else which you think another reason to cause this problem or this problem only reason is having a sort of discontinuity, sir?nn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Given you have a dished section at the top of the model and it's adiabatic I'd half expect something something odd in any heat transfer related plots. How does the temperature plot look?n
    • alpyldz
      Subscriber
      Temperature plot looks like this sir. Left wall hot(303 K), right wall cold (293 K), top(dome) wall and bottom wall adiabatic.nn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      That looks fairly sensible. n
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.