October 4, 2017 at 12:20 pmVishal GanoreAnsys Employee
What is the cause of the following ANSYS Mechanical error?
“The normal of target element 19817570 is not consistent with the normal of target element 19817571 in real set 171. Please use the ENORM command to correct it.”
January 9, 2018 at 11:52 pmpglAnsys Employee
January 25, 2018 at 12:33 pmd.g.Subscriber
I also have the same problem. In particular, I noticed that:
-when I import the 3d model from spacclaim, whitout share topology, Ansys MAPD create automatically contact regions and it success to solve the model.
-when I share topology in Spaceclaim, Ansys MAPDL doesn't create contact region automatically, and success to solve the model against.
- when I share topology in Spaceclaim, Ansys MAPDL doesn't create contact region automatically. Since I need to create contact region, I introduce them through the command "Manual contact region" (right-click on the connection voice, in the main tree), but in thi case, when I solve the model the error occur.
What can be the problem?
January 25, 2018 at 12:42 pmd.g.Subscriber
Mayby it can be useful explain what I want ...
I want to import a 3d solid with shared topology to have a better quality mesh, but if I do this, Ansys MAPDL doesn't create contact regions between parts. I need contact region to read the results of the analyse in correspondance to them. So, are these two command compatible? I also read about the possibility to improve mesh directly in MAPDL throught the command "node merge" or, on the contrary, import not-shared topology solid and create "manual contact region" as whitten above, but in both case Ansys gives error.
May 16, 2018 at 9:22 amramisayoudSubscriber
I got the same problem.
Please, do you knwo how to know the element that correspond to the element number show in the message error, cause the element number shown exceed the total number of FE nodes and FE elements.
July 31, 2019 at 12:21 pmSankar93Subscriber
Element 0 is not defined as part of the current model
May 21, 2020 at 7:15 amPedroModrzewSubscriber
I have similar error: "Target element [number] belongs to deformable target surface, while no underlying element was found.".
I have checked and there are TARGE170 - CONTA173. Real is defined for both. I am using Ansys APDL. Could someone help me with this error?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- User manual
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Defining rigid body and contact
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.