Electronics & Electromagnetics

Electronics & Electromagnetics

Not able to open the ANSYS EDT application

• arshiah
      Subscriber
      I have been trying to access ANSYS Maxwell on my computer, but I am not able to. So, when I double click on ANSYS EDT shortcut, the program does not boot up. I tried running as an administrator too. It did not help. nSo, when I right click and check the file location, it takes me to reg_ansysedt instead of ANSYS EDT application in the C drive. nAs it takes me to reg_ansysedt with the prefix reg, I was wondering if it has to do with the registration of my license on this device. nOr if it is the graphics driver on my PC which does not allow me to access Ansys Maxwell? I had to work remotely in the past few months, and the IT team had to make some changes to my PC. So, I am not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated! nMeanwhile, ANSYS SI wave does boot up!
    • Matt Madore
      Ansys Employee
      Please try setting the environment variable ANSYS_EM_DONOT_PRELOAD_3DDRIVER_DLL=1 to get around the problem.nFor guidance on creating an Environment Variable please refer to this link. You need to create a NEW Variable.nhttps://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/r-enterprise/1.5.1/oread/creating-and-modifying-environment-variables-on-windows.html#GUID-DD6F9982-60D5-48F6-8270-A27EC53807D0nNew Variable Name: ANSYS_EM_DONOT_PRELOAD_3DDRIVER_DLLnNew Variable Value: 1nnThanks,nMattnn
    • arshiah
      Subscriber
      Dear This is great! Problem solved. I could boot ANSYS EDT and use it right away. May I know what actually happened? n
    • Matt Madore
      Ansys Employee
      A recent Windows update, Microsoft update KB4571756, results in one of the functions crashing on startup. The variable avoids that.n
    • arshiah
      Subscriber
      Great, thanks so much! n
    • mcgahey
      Subscriber
      I am presently using version 2020/R1 of the Electronics Suite.nI am unable to get EDT and Twin Builder to run on Windows 10 version 20H2 or 2004 machines. Pemag, Pexprt, EMT, Savant, and SIwave run just fine. However, the full Electronics suite works fine on Windows 10 version 1903 or 1909 machines. I have tried the ANSYS_EM_DONOT_PRELOAD_3DDRIVER_DLL environmental work around as well as changing compatibility mode settings - no luck. Thank you.n
    • mcgahey
      Subscriber
      Sorry, I still had my comparability mode set for Windows 8 on EDT. Once I removed this, EDT came up fine with the ANSYS_EM_DONOT_PRELOAD_3DDRIVER_DLL environmental work around. Thanks much.n
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.