Fluids

Fluids

NP Combustion + DPM Water droplet vaporization

• dragi
      Subscriber

I do simulation Hydrogen Oxygen combustion as non-premixed combustion. Product Steam (H2O) at very high temperature (above 3000°C) need to be cool down with injecting (DPM phase) water droplets (saturated steam at 180°C & 200 bar pressure). The water droplets should evaporate to water-vapour.

My problem, water droplet evaporate into H2! Pls. can you help & show how to set-up dpm water droplet evaporation into water-vapour.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Are you plotting in Fluent? Turn the title on and check it's really creating H2 and not clipping the legend from H2O to H2. nIs there a reaction for 2H2O = 2H2 + O2 ?n
    • dragi
      Subscriber
      Yes, plotting in fluent. title on it's correct H2 species refer to H2 legend. nI made dpm water droplet injection but somehow reports/surface integrals/A-W-Average/ species mass fraction H2 shows already at dpm1 injection the whole Water is H2 in dmp2 injection 50% water dissociated to h2. see below.nnregarding reaction 2H2O=2H2 +O2, Yes this is reaction i would like to have but I do not know haw to check this and how to implement.nnthis is Np-combustion set upnnn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      OK, so the droplets are evaporating correctly, but the amount of heat in the system is causing it to dissociate. That will be the reaction set up and that'll need someone else to answer: I understand combustion chemistry very well, but am not sure how to model it! n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.