October 19, 2023 at 1:33 pmjiangtao.luSubscriber
Hi all, I am a bit confused by the NUMA nodes, and hope to get help. Thanks.
I saw Ansys recommend to set NPS (NUMA domains per socket) to 4 in BIOS. I did so, but found 16 NUMA nodes in Task Manager > Performance > CPU.
My machine has 2 sockets, so I suppose I should see 8 NUMA nodes, right?
October 20, 2023 at 1:40 pmMangesh BhideAnsys Employee
October 20, 2023 at 1:48 pm
October 23, 2023 at 8:38 pmMangesh BhideAnsys Employee
It is not very clear to me why you would see 16 NUMA for only 48 cores. I am sorry, but this question might be best answered by your hardware and operating system vendors - as this has something to do with how the OS is interpreting the BIOS settings
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Licensing – Request name does not exist in the licensing pool
- 2022 R1 Ansys Mechanical APDL: QXcbConnection: Failed to initialize XRandr
- error “ansyslmd: Cannot connect to license server system. (-15,10032)
- The analysis systems in Workbench are missing
- Student license renewal
- Mechanical APDL Launcher Options
- how to open files created from newer version by using the older version of ansys
- Problems using 2022/R2
- Ansys Helic Tools Installation Issue: Missing Helic_PDK directory
- Results Probe in ANSYS Workbench
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.