July 17, 2018 at 2:12 pmVinothSubscriber
We are getting error such as number of allowable species limit exceeded (700)while importing chemkin mechanism
July 18, 2018 at 1:42 pmRobAnsys Employee
Please can you add the software you're using and the exact error message?
July 18, 2018 at 2:32 pmVinothSubscriberWe used Ansys 19.1.
July 18, 2018 at 2:33 pmVinothSubscriberHow to reduce the chemkin mechanism to smaller number of species and reaction?
July 19, 2018 at 2:32 pmRobAnsys Employee
That'll be defined in the Chemkin tool, I'm not sure how to use that so I'll leave that with you and the wider community.
ANSYS R19.1 is the whole software suite, are you using Fluent?
July 21, 2018 at 1:02 pmKarthik RAdministrator
Could you please elaborate a little more on how you are doing importing the Chemkin file to IC engine? Perhaps, post a screenshot of your error? What information does the Chemkin file contain?
Perhaps, other community members who are experts with Chemkin and IC engine can chime in!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.