General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Number of elements and nodes with stress higher than a certain value x.

• Hemil
      Subscriber
      Hello everyone,nI am trying to find out the total number of elements that have stress value above or at a value x, I know there's a way with writing a command in workbench but I could not find any references other than https://www.researchgate.net/post/How_to_select_all_elements_that_have_a_stress_greater_than_or_equal_xnwhich is not working for me, or I might be doing it wrong. any other reference over this would be much appreciated.nThank you.n
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      nWhy do you want to count the number of elements with stress above a threshold? It doesn't seem like a useful thing to do, because when you remesh the model with smaller elements, you get a different number of elements above the stress threshold than you got in the first mesh.nWhat is it that you actually care about? A common answer is the maximum stress. Sometimes the volume of material above a stress threshold might be a useful metric in a study to look at different shapes, loads or supports.n
    • Hemil
      Subscriber
      Thank you for your quick reply,nAs you said, I am looking in comparing ratio of number of elements having maximum stress to total number of elements between different shapes to check if there will be a linear ratio between number of elements at maximum stress (or a certain threshold) and total number of elements regardless of mesh quality.n
    • Hemil
      Subscriber
      Thank you for your quick reply,nAs you said, I am looking in comparing ratio of number of elements having maximum stress (or a certain value) to total number of elements between different shapes regardless of mesh quality.nn
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.