July 24, 2022 at 8:56 amprabhavag12Subscriber
I've been following the Turbulent Pipe Flow (LES) tutorial on the Ansys Innovation courses portal.
The course uses a mesh with an inflation setting such that you end up with roughly 850K Elements.
If you proceed to Ansys Fluent in the next step, it tells you that the maximum number of elements for the student software is 512K.
If this is the case then why does the tutorial use a setting that crosses 512K elements. Is there something I'm missing ?
The only workaround I've been able to find is to change the inflation layers to 5 from the recommended 17 which allows me to just squeeze under the limit, ending up with 495K elements, but I guess this will drastically affect the fidelity of my solution.
Please help me with a better workaround.
July 25, 2022 at 10:52 amKeyur KanadeAnsys Employee
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- Limitations to Student License?
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- Problem with ANSYS 18.2 SpaceClaim
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- The Fluent Application Failed to Start.
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- ANSYS 19.1: Can not link the geometry
- Abnormal Exit Error