October 13, 2020 at 5:17 pmisaiasc3SubscriberHello, I'm running a simultion on Structural Statics. I have a question. when i access the solution information in ANSYS Mechanical, there's a section called DISTRIBUTED DOMAIN DECOMPOSER, that provides some information about the mesh such as the number of nodes and number of elements. However, the number of elements and nodes is different from the statistics section on the Mesh. nWhy?.Kindest regards,Isaiasn
October 16, 2020 at 12:57 pmRahul KumbharAnsys EmployeeThe total nodes include nodes due to contacts, MPC, remote points, surface load applied using surface effect elements etc. While in Mechanical, you only see nodes of solid mesh or shell mesh.n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- ANSYS Workbench Measuring within Design
- How to resolve Mesh Failure
- check element type
- The mesh file exporter could not resolve cyclic dependencies in overlapping contact regions error
- Meshing Error
- Error in meshing
- Conformal vs Non-Conformal Mesh
- Ansys 19.0 – will not create mesh
- Dealing with inflation layers around sharp corners in Ansys workbench meshing
- execution error inside the mesher. The process suffered an unhandled exception or ran out of memory
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.