Fluids

Fluids

Numerical simulation based on PIV fluid vectors

• mreza65
      Subscriber

Hi. I want to simulate particles in the human airway. I assume the airway walls are dynamic. I have two approaches:

1- Find a relation for the motion of airway walls to model them with dynamic mesh (which is difficult), or

2-  We have a lot of images by MRI scan from our experimental studies on the human airway. To circumvent the problem of simulating deformable airway walls and their interaction with inhaled particles, we have obtained a set of flow field via PIV experiments. If I can simulate how the flow field influence particle transport and deposition based on the flow vectors data collected at different times of the respiratory cycle using DPM, this can potentially be a solution. I need your help with this part.

regards

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

the dynamic mesh is one option. you already said it is difficult for you. 

when you say "e have obtained a set of flow field via PIV experiments."  I assume you have some input values only for Fluent but you do not have mesh. 

to solve this in Fluent you first will have to get a mesh from scanned geometry. You may want to use Fluent Meshing for the same. 

Regards,

Keyur

If this helps, please mark this post as 'Is Solution' to help others.

Guidelines on the Student Community

How to access ANSYS help links

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.