Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Nvidia Quadro P4000 GPU Acceleration in Mechanical

• utkug
      Subscriber

Hello, 

I have a Quadro P4000 and it was not listed as tested GPU acceleration for the Mechanical on 2019 R3. I was looking at the discussions and found the following thread: https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/gpu-acceleration-with-nivida-quadro-p4000/

I followed the advice provided by Win and Peter and managed to start the simulation with GPU. However, as soon as it started this warning message popped up:

The Distributed Sparse Matrix Solver was not able to sufficiently       

utilize the GPU accelerator device(s) during this equation solution.    

This can be caused by one or more factors such as: the size of the      

system of equations being solved; using older or less powerful GPU      

hardware relative to the CPU core(s) involved; having insufficient      

available memory on the GPU device.  The check for GPU performance      

terminates for the remainder of this session.   

Initial my model had ~40,000 nodes & ~5,500 HEX20 elements, so I thought to myself maybe it is an issue related to the model size. I decreased the model size however I saw the same error message. Here are the hardware and the problem settings:

- Intel i9 - 9900k 8 core processors

- 32 GB of RAM

- 512 GB of SSD

- Transient analysis with linear elastic solids, frictionless contacts between adjacent faces, Direct solver, ~40,000 nodes & ~5,500 HEX20 elements

Any comments or recommendations will be appreciated.

Utku

• Wenlong
      Ansys Employee

Hi Utku,

I am moving your post to "Installation and Licensing" category so you can get better assistance. 

Regards,

Wenlong

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Utku,

Just to make sure it has nothing to do with the project, please try creating a simple cube and use static structural with simple BC's and coarse mesh , then see if you get the same warning/error about GPU.

If you still see it, try updating your graphics driver to the latest from Nvidia website

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

Thanks,

Win

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.