November 8, 2018 at 8:37 pmjoeygSubscriberHello
I am having troubles importing my model from NX11 learning edition to ANSYS 17.1. I have tried the configuration to link them and run ANSYS directly from NX but it does not work.
Any advice on how to get it to work? Any answers appreciated.
November 8, 2018 at 8:56 pmtsiriaksAnsys Employee
Are you using ANSYS student version ? Because I think student version doesn't support NX interface with ANSYS.
Here is the list of 'reader' that is supported by student version
Neutral format import IGES, STEP
Parasolid (native within ANSYS DesignModeler)
November 8, 2018 at 10:48 pmpglAnsys Employee
Correct Win, the free Student products only support neutral file imports and Parasolid. The bi-directional geometry connections are not supported.
Joe: You should be able to export your geometry in Parasolid format from NX11, and you can then import that into the Student Product's "Geometry" application (Spaceclaim or DesignModeler) . However, note that you will need to insure that you adhere to the geometry limits of the student product, for example you can't import a thousand part assembly with tens of thousands of facets.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Limitations to Student License?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- No license available at this time
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Problem with ANSYS 18.2 SpaceClaim
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.