July 26, 2017 at 12:05 pmpgnikhilSubscriber
I have a Rectangular container with a circular bob inside the system.
Currently there exists one domain, namely "water", the outer walls are names "outer_wall" and the surface (cavity) of the bob is named "bob-surf".
My objective is to use dynamic meshing to move the bob left and right in a simple harmonic manner. What kind of a UDF should I use and what all settings should I use for the boundaries?
August 4, 2017 at 11:55 amVishal GanoreAnsys Employee
You could get started by defining a simple UDF using CG motion macro and assign it to the surface of bob under dynamic mesh setting of fluent. Treat surface of bob as rigid body.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.